Taking care of your hair
There’s nothing as terrifying about hair as split ends. When your eyes are glued on to the mirror and you are taking a very closer look at the end of a hair, and you discover that the hair-tip is split apart. This is a result of dead hair. The industry hasn’t come up with a solution for this as yet, meaning the best remedy is to cut the hair split-ends.
Just like any other part of your body that’s taken good care of, scalp and hair health should also be well managed. We thought that it’s important that we share some of the tips that are important to consider when taking care of your hair. The no.1 rule is to wash your hair and sculp. Here are the 7 steps that we think you should follow when taking care of your hair:
- Your hair must be soaked wet.
- Apply reasonable amount of shampoo.
- Rub the shampoo deep into the roots of your hair onto your scalp.
- Massage the scalp whilst making sure that the shampoo penetrates the threads of your hair. Remember not to irritate the scalp by rubbing it too hard.
- Make sure that the hair is rinsed properly, don’t leave shampoo residuals on your threads and scalp is thoroughly rinsed.
- Wrap your hair with a dry towel. Try to avoid hair drying your hair where possible, air dry whenever you can. Too much hair drying can ruin the threads of your hair in a long run.
- Brush or Comb it out carefully with a wide-tooth comb/brush, works well on curly hair too. Be smooth when treating your hair, avoid yanking it, don’t be rough and pull it because that can break the hair or pull it out.
- Remember to moisturise your hair with ointment suitable for your hair’s DNA.
Your scalp can get dry if not well moisturized. The dry scalp is itchy or flaky, this is due to poor rinsing, leaving shampoo’s residuals in the hair and scalp. Alternatively you could be having dandruff. In a case of excessive dandruff, you should consult a dermatologist.
How often should you wash your hair?
People have different opinions about how often they should wash their hair. With our hairdressing experience, we think this depends on number of factors. i.e. Type of hair, daily activities, oil in your hair, etc. The key thing is to seek advice from your hairstylist/dresser about your hair type and how often you should wash it. When you apply a conditioner after a hair-wash, it does improve hair resilience, it can make it look well taken care-off.
Here’s one thing you can remember about your hair; it can be damaged by many things from your environment.
The best way to take care of your hair Everyday:
- Avoid the sun where necessary, use protective gear when you walk in the open weather day.
- Avoid water chemicals (such as chlorine) in pools.
- Know more about products that you apply onto your hair and sculp.